- As a commercial manager in On- Demand team, I am responsible for the growth of Jumia Party, an on demand platform for drink delivery. Whenever I am executing a task, I always like to achieve all my deliverable with great result, because it's usually a telling sign to make sure it is the right fit for Jumia.
- One of the primary reasons why I enjoy my role is the gender friendly atmosphere in Jumia. Jumia creates a perfect atmosphere for both men & women to thrive as managers. I receive great support from my managers and management which has given me confidence to bring on new ideas , implement and help grow the business.
- There are few organizations that are willing to truly actualize the gender equality dream of the 21st century. I recently had a baby and on my return from maternity leave, I have been assigned a more challenging managerial role which I'm enjoying. I have consistently been assigned roles based on my capability and performance and not based on gender.
- Jumia’s gender equality culture has made me more confident, more ambitious, more diligent & a purposeful driven achiever
- I have been with Jumia Nigeria since 2014 & I can boldly say that in this organization, women are entitled to live with dignity and with freedom from fear. I grew from an operator to a manager within the past 6 years. I was empowered to contribute my quota within the team without bias
- There are lingering doubts about women’s capabilities in major managerial roles – but not here. Not in Jumia
- I’m part of the Operations team at Jumia Nigeria, I ensure a customer can pick up his/her packages a block away from their homes.
- I’m lucky to be a woman at Jumia because it’s like no other organization. One look at the maternity benefits and you’ll know what I’m talking about. Long leave, organized transport, flexible work hours… there’s everything you need to ensure you're not compromising on motherhood and family time.
- I'll admit there have been times when I've needed support and encouragement, and was pleasantly surprised when management was completely understanding. It also helps having considerate and caring coworkers!
- Jumia promotes a fair work-life balance that keeps employees happy and thereby helps us perform at our best. Looking back at my time here and describing it one line, I’d say... so far, it's been awesome!
- As a Customer Service Manager, among other duties, I am bestowed with the responsibility of ensuring that the team achieves its common goal; Customer Satisfaction. It is also my responsibility to make the management rest assured that all matters concerning Customer Operations are in safe hands.
- As a woman of valour, I always ensure I put in due diligence when executing my task because it stands as proof that I and other women of Jumia are the right fit for the organization. One of the biggest reasons why I enjoy my role is because I have lots of opportunities to blossom here regardless of my gender.
- There are few organizations that are willing to truly actualize the gender equality dream of the 21st century. Let me share a personal experience. Many years ago, I applied for the role of a sales agent for a car dealing company. I got a call congratulating me for doing so well. The caller further emphasized that I would not be selected because the management would prefer a male for the role. Even after doing beautifully well during the interview and test stages, and knowing that I met all the job requirements the company had posted online, I felt my only flaw was being in a woman's body. However, this phase did not last long as I got a job offer from Jumia and here I am today.
- A woman is human. She is not better, wiser, stronger, more intelligent, more creative, or more responsible than a man. Likewise, she is never less. Equality is a given. A woman is human." Today, I manage a team and just like the men of Jumia, I’m up to the task,– you can say, Jumia’s gender equality culture has made me more confident &has given me self belief.
International Women's Day 2019 on Jumia - #BalanceforBetter
Women are the most powerful and influential beings on the surface of the earth, their first assignment which is to give birth to live makes them highly productive and resourceful. Today we find them actively involved in all spheres of life. They are found in almost every discipline and leadership positions you can ever think of, contributing new approaches to leadership and at work - transforming power play. So it’s okay to say that today's women hold the globe in their hands. Here at Jumia, we celebrate international women’s day by recognizing the roles women play and their instincts to make it big in the corporate world. More so, we wish to reiterate on this special occasion our commitment to gender parity endearing all women employees to make their way to the top in the corporate hierarchy and inspiring every woman to be self-reliant, emotionally strong hoping they derive joy, happiness and laughter in everything they do in their homes and professions. Happy International Women’s Day from Jumia Nigeria.