How to Pay?
Your different payment options
Pay via card or bank transfer
- Pay securely with a local bank card / bank transfer today
- Save your details for your next purchases
Pay on Delivery
Pay cash at your doorstep
- No risk to you, shop from home like you are in a store
- If you don't like it, give it back and pay nothing
- Don't have cash or card, don't worry, simply pay with mCASH
Directly pay with your card
- Easy and safe payment
- Fast and direct with your bank account
- No cash required
How to select payment options during checkout
During the payment step, you can choose between "Pay on Delivery" and "Visa/Verve/Mastercard" from the menu on the left to either proceed with pay on delivery or pay with credit card.
It's Simple, It's Easy and It's Safe.
Most Popular Questions
You can choose from the different payment methods available on Jumia. Please find below the list of available payment methods:
You can find details of these payment methods at the final step of checkout.
PoD stands for Pay on Delivery. With PoD, you can pay in cash or with a valid naira bank card to the delivery agent upon receipt of your order. Click here for more details.
- Some products, regions or pickup stations may not be available for PoD. Please find a list of locations where Pay on Delivery is not available: https://www.jumia.com.ng/prepaid-locations/
At the end of the checkout choose Credit / Debit Card as your preferred payment option and follow the steps after confirming your purchase. Make sure that your bank activated your Credit Card for online payments. Please note that Jumia provides the utmost security on your payments.Click here to find out more
It's simple! When you get to the payment stage at checkout, simply enter the gift card code in the voucher box and click apply.
JumiaPay is a new and free online payment service that enables you to send payments online securely, instantly, and cost-effectively. Click here to find more about paying with JumiaPay.
The Jumia mobile app and mobile website offer all the payment options that the Jumia full website version offers. You can pay with confidence, using your preferred payment option.
There are no hidden charges when you make a purchase on Jumia. The order amount is inclusive of all taxes and shipping fees. In case your order is delivered partially you will be required to pay only for the item that has been delivered to you. The order amount will be mentioned on the parcel and the invoice. Please note that we will never ask you to pay extra cash for the delivery.
Note: For International Payment via Credit / Debit card you may be charged a cross border fee by your issuing bank as our payment processor is based outside Nigeria. For information on the exact charges please contact your issuing bank.
Fraud detection and prevention are very important to us. We take all steps to ensure that transactions are genuine and that our customer's details are completely secure. Online payments are monitored continuously for suspicious activity and some transactions are verified manually if we feel that it is not authorized by the owner of the card.
If you experience trouble completing payment through debit/credit card, first thing to do is to make sure that your card is activated for online payments and that you have enough funds/limit to complete the transaction. Your bank can help you verify these details.
Some cards issued outside Nigeria are also not supported on Jumia and may be declined. Remember that you can complete your order through Pay on Delivery and pay at your doorstep or through other available mode(s) of payment (except for some very specific regions and pickup stations, as well as for products shipped from oversea).
Sorry, we only accept one payment method per order.
Sorry, we don't offer payment in installments at this moment.
We only accept Naira.
If your Gift Card value is less than the order amount, you will be asked to select an additional payment method to complete the payment.
The 3D Secure password is implemented by VISA and MasterCard in partnership with card issuing banks under the Verified by VISA" and Mastercard SecurePoDe" services.
3D secure password is an additional one-time password, that you will be asked to enter on the payments page. This password is known only to you, and is sent to you via email or text. This ensures that only you can use your card for online purchases.
When paying with Debit / Credit card on Jumia, we will ask you for your 16 digit Card number and expiry date and CVV (Card Verification Value)/Security PoDe. Please note that Jumia doesn't save your card information(unless you specify) or CVV information and you will be asked to enter it each time you purchase on Jumia.
Pay on Delivery Unavailable
It could be that:
- You have in your cart a "shipped by overseas (see the "Jumia Global" logo)" item or a digital product (ex: ticket, coupons).
- Your total cart value is under ₦3,500.
- Your delivery option (Location or Pickup Station) is not eligible for Pay On Delivery.
- Pay on Delivery is currently disabled on your account.
Our system has flagged your account as being associated with an unusual number of cancelled / rejected orders and for this reason, the Pay on Delivery option is currently disabled on your account
Pay on delivery will be activated on your account when we are able to successfully deliver your next two orders
Please contact us on 0706000000 from 8am - 8pm on Mondays to Fridays and 9am - 5pm on Weekends and Public holidays and we will look into individual cases thoroughly.
Payment Security Tips
In a case where your device (Phones, tablets, laptops) is stolen, ensure these anti fraud activities are done.
What To Do:
- Ensure your mobile phone and Sim card is passworded with codes at all times.
- Ensure you contact your network provider to disable your line immediately, pending when you retrieve it.
- Ensure you contact your bank immediately to suspend all online transactions from your account.
- Ensure you don't save your bank details or card details on your device.
- Ensure you always delete all transaction mails or SMS(bank alert) from your bank on your device.
Extra Anti Fraud Tips:
- Don’t jailbreak your phone. Jailbreaking is the process of removing hardware restrictions and thus allowing free apps.
- You may want to limit debit card usage at PoS machines (except from a trusted source) and use it only as an ATM card for cash withdrawal.
- You may rub off the CVV number to be extra careful. But do remember it, so that you can continue using the card.
- Use computers that have anti-virus software.
- Don’t share passwords, PINs and OTPs with anyone regardless of the reason stated.