FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Device Insurance or Device Protection Plan (DPP) provided by AXA Mansard is an affordable device insurance plan offered to Jumia customers. It is a simple, convenient and affordable plan that provides cover against Accidental Damages from Handling (ADH).
- 100% Screen Damages: refers to screen replacement upon the occurrence of breakage or damages to device screen
- 100% Liquid Damages: means motherboard replacement upon the occurrence of damages due to device coming in contact with liquid
Device repair Limit
Depending on the extent of damage of the device, the product covers you to a maximum of the following in any case
The maximum payable for a device claim will not exceed the cost of the device at purchase. This policy is limited to a Maximum of 2 claims per year.
No. Device insurance can only be purchased for brand new devices purchased on Jumia. However, you can contact AXA Mansard to purchase device insurance for existing phones, IPads & Laptops under the All Risk Cover.
This Insurance is limited to repair/replacements of one (1) screen damage and one (1) liquid damage.
This is an annual policy which starts immediately from the day of premium payment or the day you purchase your device form Jumia
Your Insurance Certificate would be sent to your registered e-mail after confirmation of payment by AXA Mansard.
A Cover Note would be delivered with the device. This provides cover for a period of thirty (30) days from the date of issuance pending when the certificate is sent via e-mail. (This cover note becomes invalid after this period).
Call: 0700 AXA MANSARD, 01-2701561 - 5
Email: [email protected]
Surf: https://www.axamansard.com/ (Use the HELP service)
- On confirmation of Insurance status, Customer will be directed to the nearest Repair drop off center to drop device or AXA Mansard will contact drop off center to pickup device from customer
- Repair center does initial assessment of device
- Repair center informs customer of extra charges if any and repairs device
- The customer is then notified when the phone has been repaired for pickup or delivery. (The policy would not cover any claim if the serial number IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) or simgate has been tampered with in any way)
All repairs are done within a maximum of 7-10days of device arrival to repair centre.
We would require the receipt of purchase and picture of the damaged device showing the IMEI. This would be used to confirm the status your insurance.
No. The Device Insurance is non-returnable and non-refundable.
Cover applies to only devices purchased/verified in Nigeria from JUMIA Nigeria or any other approved AXA Mansard device sales partner within the territorial limits of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the customer owns the gadget.
This insurance covers devices bought and used within the Federal Republic of Nigeria and can be extended to cover damage occasioned to the device anywhere in the world up to a maximum of 90 days in total, 30 days within anyone time, in any single 12 months period; as long as device is brought in for repair within the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
No, the benefits of this Policy cannot be transferred to someone else or any other Device.
Any event which may result into a claim MUST be notified within seven (7) days to AXA Mansard Insurance plc. Or Jumia
No, the product does not cover theft or loss of device however you can contact AXA Mansard to purchase device insurance for existing phones (IPads & Laptops) under the All Risk Cover.
No. in the event of a claim, all damaged Devices MUST be taken ONLY to Authorized outlets for repair as provided by AXA Mansard when a claim is reported except advised by the insurer.
Repairs or any other costs for;
- Cleaning, inspection or routine servicing
- Loss or damage resulting from a manufacturers defect or recall of the device
- Any repairs carried out without prior authorization
- Wear and tear to the devices and/or gradual deterioration of performance
- Cosmetic Damage
- Devices manufactured wholly or partially from precious metals, stones or crystal
- Scratching or other superficial damage to outer casings, aerials or keypads
- Any claim if the serial number IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) or SIMgate has been tampered with in any way.
- Failure on customer's part to follow the Manufacturer's instruction
- Any expense incurred as a result of not being able to use the Device, or any cost other than the cost of repair of the damaged screen.
- Reconnection or subscription fees of any kind.
- Any loss occasioned through the willful act of the insured or any other person with the knowledge or connivance of the insured.
- Any loss or damage to information or data or software contained in or stored on the device whether arising out of a claim paid by us or otherwise.
- Accidental liquid damage of any kind to any of its parts or accessories.
- Items purchased from an online auction site.
- Claims arising from damage or directly occasioned by pressure waves caused by aircraft or other aerial devices travelling at sonic or supersonic speed.
- Claims arising from terrorism, war or invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities whether war is declared or not, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power, confiscation, nationalization or requisition or destruction or damage to property under the order of any government or public or legal authority.
Claims arising from damage or destruction caused by, contributed to or arising from
- Ionizing radiation or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel; or
- The radioactive, toxic, explosive or other hazardous properties of any explosive nuclear assembly or component thereof.
To buy insurance on Jumia, click in the category tree. Click on Other Categories-Services-Insurance. From
here, you can choose to purchase any of the insurance packages.
You can also search on the Jumia website for “Insurance” or “Axa Mansard Insurance” or “Jumia Insurance” or the type of insurance package you are looking for. E.g. “Life Insurance”, “Car Insurance”, etc.
You can add insurance to cart, select the units you want to buy, pay with your card and checkout. Please note you are not able to pay with Cash on Delivery for insurance. The amount of units of insurance you purchase should depend on the number of cars, for example, you are insuring. E.g. If you buy 1 unit for car third party insurance, it means you are buying for 1 car.
Jumia is in partnership with Axa Mansard Insurance PLC to provide insurance policy for retail to its esteemed customers. When you buy insurance on Jumia, your payment will be received and verified by Jumia. Upon confirmation, your details (name, phone number, email address) will be forwarded to Axa Mansard for insurance certificate to be issued to you.
Axa Mansard will contact you in 2-3 days once your payment has been confirmed by Jumia.
Terms and conditions vary across insurance packages. Please refer to the product description page to view all available T&Cs.
Yes, you are able to cancel your policy within 24 hours of purchase. Once payment is confirmed and your details have been transferred to Axa Mansard, you need to contact Axa Mansard for cancellation.
At the moment, we are only able to accept pre-payments for all insurance packages.
Axa Mansard will issue your certificate of insurance in 2-3 days after you have provided all necessary information.
Notify Axa Mansard via email, phone number, letter, or by using the “help” on website
Email - [email protected]
Phone Number - 01-2701561-5
Letter - Attention – Claims Care Unit, Axa Mansard Insurance PLC, Plot 1412, Ahmadu Bello Way, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria
- Claim is validated by Axa Mansard
- Claim is processed
- You are paid/indemnified
Axa Mansard will pay all claims in minimum of 48 hours. This is dependent on how fast you are able to provide Axa Mansard all the required information to process your claim.
There is no return policy on insurance. Once Axa Mansard has issued a certificate of insurance, you cannot return. However, you may wish to transfer the beneficiary of your policy to someone else.
Yes. Jumia sends to Axa Mansard your basic details like Name, Phone No, Email address. Jumia does not share your account details and password are securely protected.