For fast, compact, and powerful performance XA11 offers a remarkable combination of portability, image quality and professional interfaces. With a Canon 20x HD Optical Zoom lens and an HD CMOS Pro Image Sensor with improved low-light performance, the XA11 captures superb Full HD video.
• The XA11 has a powerful, fast f/1.8-2.8 20x optical zoom lens with a 26.8mm wide-angle coverage. A new lens with redesigned Hi-UD (Hi Index Ultra Low Dispersion) glass ensures reduced chromatic aberration while 5-axis optical image stabilisation reduces image distortion and an 8-blade circular aperture with EMD (Electro Magnetic Diaphragm) technology ensures footage is natural and beautiful.
• With an advanced HD CMOS sensor, the XA11 offers excellent sensitivity performance with improved signal to noise ratio compared to previous models. Featuring wide DR and Highlight Priority mode for rich expressiveness in high-brightness areas, Recording 50P at 35Mbps delivers efficient, high quality footage helped by a DIGIC DV 4 processor that supports advanced image stabilisation.
• Recording Full HD footage in AVCHD and MP4 formats at multiple bit rates, content can be recorded simultaneously with Dual SD card slots. With 3 Mbps mode with lighter file sizes, the camera can transfer files immediately for breaking news. Slow and fast capture is available along with support for Infrared shooting.
• The XA11 features an HD-SDI interface for streaming footage direct to an external recorder or a broadcast van while both models feature two XLR inputs to allow two different channels to be selected with volumes adjustable independently. A headphone jack allows the operator to monitor sound levels while optional GPS support with the GPS Receiver GP-E2 records location and time.
• XA11 is ideal for high-action shoots when both speed and mobility are essential. Lightweight and compact in size, it features a 3.0-inch touchscreen, a 1.56 million dot tiltable electronic viewfinder (EVF) and manual focus/zoom ring and joystick for easy control.