- The DStv Smart LNB has been specially designed for use in DStv installations where customers make use of their own satellite dishes.
- The DStv Smart LNB has been tested locally with our decoders and other DStv approved equipment used in our installations.
- MultiChoice are launching a new satellite which allows for high band transmissions. Our DStv Smart LNBs are high band capable, ensuring that your installation is capable of receiving these signals.*
- The DStv Smart LNB allows for a simplified and more cost effective installation.
- Multiple decoders can be connected to the DStv Smart LNB without the need for a multi-switch/ DStv Switch (resulting in a cost saving).
- The cable goes directly from the LNB to the decoder. This allows for a shorter cable run and for decoders to be in different rooms (currently, many are together in the same room as the switch). This allows for more flexible installation solutions (including easier connection between HD decoders and HD TVs via HDMI cables).
- If you use the DStv Smart LNB when installing one decoder, there is no need to change your LNB when upgrading to XtraView.
We recommend that all changes to existing installations, including the replacement of LNBs be done by our DStv Accredited Installers.