Our Woman crush today is the one and Only Queen Bey! the flawless American singer, songwriter and actress. Beyonce Giselle Knowles-Carter was born on the 3rd of September 1981 in Huston Texas. Beyonce recently broke the internet on the 1st f February 2017 announcing she and her husband were expecting twins. The power couple already have a five year old daughter Blue Ivy.
Stay with us as we count down the 10 reasons we love Queen Bey.
- That voice, I mean that voice is one you can’t compare with others, every album she releases, every song she sings, “she leaves a mark on her fans, her audience, on everyone. Her voice is unique and mind blowing.
- Mrs Carter is flawless, her skin, her body, she makes us all proud to say “I woke up like this” even if its not always true. She is our favorite fashionista, the only one who can rock corn-rows, a million braids and head scarfs.
- Queen Bey always gives back, she never forgets her heritage, she is involved in raising money for many different charities as she is involved in founding them as well.
- As we have all noticed she absolutely loves her privacy. She however gives her fans and the public a glimpse into her life by posting pictures on her website, her Instagram and tumbler. Backstage pictures from concerts, she and Jay Z’s wedding footage and home videos of Blue Ivy.
- Bey’s incredible skill of surprising her fans, secretly dropping her entire self-titled video album announced with just one Instagram post, announcing her pregnancy at the VMA’s is the most Beyonce way of all time.
- The words ‘SURFBOARDT’ and “BOOTYLICIOUS” never would have existed without her.
- Mr and Mrs Carter, whether they are “crazy in love” or “drunk in love” the Carters are the ultimate power couple.
- She is the ultimate feminist, with her songs, “single ladies”, “who runs the world” and “flawless” Beyonce sampled Nigerian writer, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s compelling speech about feminism on her track.
- Queen Bey has been embraced by both Barack and Michelle Obama. The singer performed at Obama’s 2013 inauguration and has also exchanged public letters of admiration and respect with First Lady Michelle Obama.
- She is the Queen of Awards. Beyonce is the third most-honored woman in Grammy history with 17 total awards. She has been voted Forbes Most Powerful Celebrity as well as Time Magazine’s Most Influential Person in the past.
Queen bey inspires young women in so many ways, by her songs mostly. We love her spirit and will continue to be inspired by her.