is an open-world action game set in the high-desert of the
Pacific Northwest two years after a mysterious global pandemic has
decimated the world, killing most but transforming millions into
mindless, feral creatures. Survivors live in a world where resources are
scarce, violence and murder are common and Freakers roam the
wilderness. Players face this violent, new world as Deacon St. John, a
bounty hunter, a Drifter who lives in the lawless wilderness outside the
Deacon survives by using skills learned before
the world ended, riding for the Mongrels MC, an outlawed motorcycle
club, where violence and mayhem were part of the riding the open road.
At the center of it all, Days Gone is an exploration of how any of us
would react to these harsh conditions, and exploration of loss, love,
friendship, revenge and desperation – learning that surviving isn’t
living. For Deacon especially, it’s a struggle to ensure that hope never
dies. A Dynamic World
Using the power of PlayStation 4 and Unreal
Engine 4, Days Gone offers an incredibly realistic and detailed
open-world action game experience. Vast and hostile environments can be
fully explored on the back of Deacon’s drifter bike. Abandoned vehicles
can be searched for useful items. Towns and buildings can be entered and
searched – at great risk. Brutal Sandbox Combat
Exemplifying true, free-form gameplay, Days Gone offers freedom to
explore, strategize and play “your way.” Every challenge can be
approached and completed in an almost infinite number of ways. Many
different items and weapons can be crafted using items found in the
field, including brutal melee weapons and traps. Customizable weapons
and skills offer true freedom in how the game is played.Unique Enemies
In addition to human drifters, marauders, and other groups, Deacon must
face a wilderness overrun by Freakers – mindless, feral creatures, more
animal than human but very much alive and quickly evolving. Freakers
have needs, habits and behaviors that the player can learn and adapt to.
The harsh high-desert of the Pacific Northwest offers a large variety
of environments in a single geographical area. One minute Deacon can be
riding through a pristine forest, a snow field, a lush meadow, and the
next, be in the harsh desert lava fields.
- Expansive Open World Action - Exemplifying truly free-form gameplay, Days Gone offers freedom to explore, strategize and play "your way" in the vast high-desert of the Pacific Northwest.
- Hazardous environments, filled with carved out ridges, mountains, caves, cliffs mines and river basins, deliver a breathtaking backdrop to an equally diverse style of gameplay.
- Emergent Gameplay - Featuring fully explorable environments and dynamic AI enemies, players will rely on their own abilities to strategize, craft weapons and tools, explore the world, and engage in combat. With almost every car, building and environment searchable.
- Days Gone delivers emergent gameplay possibilities, making a player's approach to combat and discovery a vital part of the experience.
- Stunning, Dynamic Graphics - Using the power of PlayStation 4 and Unreal Engine 4, Bend Studio has developed a high volume of rendering and gameplay technology to deliver an incredibly realistic open world experience. Realistic weather effects, such as rain, wind, snow and day-night cycles impact the gameplay. The game's lighting is all real-time and reacts dynamically, the way the human iris does, as players move from one location to the next.